Thursday, December 19, 2013

My cat, Jinger

This is my cat Jinger. I got her in 2009, she was also born in 2009, for the first 6 months of her life she was in a kill shelter with a cast on her right back foot. She was on her last day before they killed her when a group called last chance animal rescue group, they go to kill shelters and rescue pets that are on their last day. They happened to come into the shelter that day and Jinger was one of the cats they rescued fortunately. A few days later my brothers hamster died so we went to pet smart to get another one ( under my protest since our shelter had some cute ones) and I wanted to go see the cats since mom had promised me I could get one. I really wanted a girl cat but there was a certain cat that had won my heart, a few weeks after we moved in and while Jinger was in the shelter, I went onto a shelters website (the same one Jinger was in) and there was a beautiful cat a Gray one with ginger colored patches and a ginger stripe done her nose. When I looked at the cats at the pet store they were all males, then a worker came up to us and said "oh your looking for a female cat? I have one in my car I was about to bring in" so she brought the female cat in and said "this is Jinger we rescued here on her last day at a kill shelter"... It was the same cat I fell in love with on the website. 

She is now a happy healthy 4 year old cat and the shelter that she was at is now a no kill shelter.



~Jenna
 

No comments:

Post a Comment